Calling all Coders! Whether you love Coding or are new to this fun and creative skill, this competition is for you.
To celebrate and promote Stoke-on-Trent’s City of Culture Bid 2021, Wavemaker have teamed up with the nationwide coding network Code Club and other Code Clubs around the city, including Hanley City Central Library, to bring you an exciting competition for you to showcase your coding talents!
What do I need to do?
We would like you to create a piece of Scratch coding all about our amazing city, Stoke-on-Trent!
It can be:
- A quiz
- A game
- An animation
- An interactive sprite….or anything you want.
What are the rules?
- Coders must be aged 13 years and under
- Scratch project MUST be about Stoke-on-Trent and showcase all the amazing things the city has to offer!
How do I enter?
- Download Scratch for free if you haven’t got it all ready.
- Create your project.
- Open an online Scratch account for free at www.scratch.mit.edu
- Upload project to your online account.
- Share your Scratch project with the WavemakerStoke – Stoked-on-Tech Summer Coding Competition Studio on the Scratch Website bit.ly/wavemakerscratch
***Make sure that you get permission from an adult to enter and you put your name, age and a way of contact through a parent/guardian into the Notes and Credits section of your project.***
How long do I have?
Projects must be submitted into the Scratch studio (see above details) by 5pm on Friday 26th August. The best projects will be showcased at the Stoked-on-Tech Summer 2016 Exhibition on Friday 2nd September at the Mitchell Arts Centre, Hanley ST1 4HG. The Code Competition Runners Up and Winners for each age category will be announced at 2pm on Friday 2nd September, so make sure you can attend to claim your prize and Coding glory!
Get thinking. Get Coding. Get Creating.